Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Roasted vegetables

This is so delicious and easy, I shouldn't even feature it here.  But I will.

Roasted vegetables can make even the pickiest of vegetable eaters happy.  My boyfriend hates broccoli, but will eat it if I roast it.  I have friends that have never tried asparagus, but now love it because I persuaded them to try it.

It's so simple to roast any vegetable, and they make a delicious and healthy addition to any meal using ingredients you can already find in your kitchen!

Roasted vegetables
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Any vegetable of your choosing, enough to fill a cookie sheet  (I've done broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes and potatoes--carrots are next on my list)
  • Olive oil
  • Salt (Kosher or standard table salt will do, but I prefer kosher)
  • Sugar (just a pinch to help caramelize! Use only on vegetables that aren't naturally sweet-- no carrots or sweet potatoes!)

Coat the veggies in olive oil in a mixing bowl.  Just use enough oil to coat them, too much will make them soggy.  Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and just a small amount of sugar. Place on a cookie sheet and put in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the veggies are browned, crisped and soft.  The result is crispy, tasty vegetables that everyone will love!
(If they don't, come find me.)

4 comments:

the Flying Critics said...

I never would have thought of roasting aspragus and broccoli! It DOES sound good. I often roast grape tomatoes with olive oil, basil and lots of salt and pepper -- It makes "sun-dried" tomatoes that are delicious in pasta with a little Alfredo sauce.

Do you use FROZEN or fresh veggies?

HMiller said...

actually tried this...it was tasty broccoli i didnt try the asparamahoosit ( veggie tales) because i felt i would be eating junior

Tyler Cathey said...

I can't handle all of these food posts. I don't even like veggies but even this is enticing.

AC said...

I have never heard of anyone ever roasting asparagus.I love asparagus! I think I will try to do this.

Post a Comment