Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm moving!

I have terrible luck with apartment hunting.  A few people I know enjoy apartment hunting, which is bizarre to me.  I definitely look at craigslist apartment listings on a regular basis, but when it comes down to actually looking for places that I will need/have to live in in a short amount of time, I'm a wreck.

After getting my hopes up a few times (and finding the perfect apartment just to discover that they require de-clawed cats-- I would absolutely never do that!), I was almost ready to give up and stay at the apartment I currently live in, which is nice, but I desperately need the change.

On Thursday, when I went to the office for my appointment to look at my last-ditch apartment effort, I was prepared to settle. I hate that I was going to do that, but I am down to the wire and have instant gratification issues, so once the "new apartment" idea was in my head and after all of the disappointments, I was ready to get it over with.

Once I saw the outside, I was excited.  There's a planting area (with gorgeous Black Eyed Susans and other flowers), so I can finally plant my rosemary and other herbs! There is also a space for the grill, which was a concern. We have a large gas grill that doesn't simply "tuck" into any small outdoor space. There's a storm door, as well, so my darling cat can look outside, and more natural light can be let in.

Without describing every inch of the place, I will tell you that I am so happy and excited to move into this apartment. Once I am settled, I will post pictures as rooms are finished, but I am afraid it will be awhile before I can post too many.  
My boyfriend's mother has generously offered to make cushion covers for our couch to match these awesome wingback chairs (the fabric is exactly my taste--I can't wait for you to see!) that I got from my grandmother's house.  I am so thrilled that I will have furniture that not only matches, but is in a color/style that I can stand.

Since this post is pathetically long and dry, I will post a picture of an item I bought this weekend:
The colors are more subtle and autumn-y in person, but this is from Pier 1, and was much, much cheaper than I was anticipating. This will more than likely be a centerpiece on the dining room table.  I am already preparing for my housewarming and dinner parties!

0 comments:

Post a Comment