Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"Perfect" Chicken

As I titled this post, I realized I make a lot of chicken recipes. Whoops. It's easy, and I like it. I'll mix it up soon enough.

If you have spent any amount of time on pinterest, you have probably seen a recipe claiming to be the "best" or "man pleasing" (I may have rolled my eyes at that one) or "So Good it Can’t Be Described, Explosion on Your Taste Buds"*  chicken. Well, after seeing it over and over, I finally decided to make it a few weeks ago. Lemme tell ya...it's really good. Maybe not the "best" (I'm still swooning over the queso smothered chicken), but it is pretty amazing.

There are a few variations floating around on pinterest, but I use this recipe, which uses chicken breasts instead of thighs. It's incredibly easy and it really is delicious. I usually serve it with brown + wild rice, and whatever frozen vegetable I have on hand. Last night, I had a frozen mirepoix blend and i just threw it in the pan with the chicken. Let me pat myself on the back and say, "Excellent decision, Meredith." It worked out quite well. The vegetables mixed with the sauce, and although not defrosting them ahead of time was a bit of a rookie mistake (it watered down the sauce a teensy bit), I didn't think about adding the vegetables until was time to bake.

Since I am still without a memory card reader and now a memory card, as I lent it to my parents after our trip to visit my brother and his family this weekend (a post is coming soon, I'm sure), a picture from the original pin will do. This would be the recipe made with chicken thighs, but the aesthetic is the same.

Courtesy of: wittyinthecity.com

Seriously, you guys. So easy, and so...so...so good. I may get a little heavy-handed with the maple syrup, but that's because I have a major obsession with maple.

This is a great standby recipe for the nights you want something quick and something you know is great. Which may or may not have been the case last night, as the gentleman friend and I would have spent more time debating who is more indecisive about coming up with dinner plans than actually making dinner.

*Not my words, it is actually what the pin says that I have on my board

0 comments:

Post a Comment