Saturday, October 1, 2011

Themed Meals

Since this blog is named after my 80-something year old alter ego, you all should know that I think like an octegenarian.  I refer to people my age or younger as "young folks", consider my cat to be my child, and although I'm somehow a faster walker than most elderly people I know, I get winded too easily and would much rather travel in a Rascal Scooter than walk to the destination myself. 

And no...it doesn't have anything to do with my "unhealthy" recipes. I scoff at the notion that what I love so dearly is slowly killing me.

Anyway, I love theming meals or party snacks around get-togethers or events that I or my friends throw. I made shepherd's pie to have a marathon of a certain fantasy-themed television show that I may or may not be ashamed of obsessing over.

If there's an occasion for cupcakes, I will bake the hell (excuse my French) out of some and I will make sure it's a flavor that has some sort of purpose.  Like, for my annual Oscar party, I will decorate the cupcakes with as many of the nominee's names that will fit.

Once fall rolls around (um, hello...now?), I will make sure every batch I bake is fall-y. Pumpkin, spice, whatever. I will do it, and I will do it proudly.

This weekend, I will be cooking a fall-themed meal for the Mitchells. Roasted butternut squash soup, pork tenderloin...and possibly (most likely) a  few cupcakes. Fall is the favorite season of many, so I can't claim to be its #1 fan, but I do go all out for the season, and I'm very glad I have friends that feel similarly and indulge my obsessiveness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be taking sooo many pictures of the food tonight, it might border on obnoxious. I apologize in advance. Clearly, I'm super excited!

Meredith said...

I don't mind at all! I've already begun taking pictures of the cooking/baking process, so I am right there with you.

Post a Comment