Thursday, September 1, 2011

First big meal in my new kitchen

I have begun to look at recipes that I want to make for my first big meal here.  I've gone through so many different scenarios of themes, courses, etc. that I could possibly make for about 6 people. Here is a list of things that have interested me:

Lettuce wraps.  Fairly healthy, would probably serve them as an appetizer or for a "salad" course.

Greek lemon chicken soup.  A restaurant in Knoxville has this, and it is one of the most delicious soups I've ever had (and that is coming from a major soup lover). Very light, but very tasty.
This is a recipe from Ina Garten, and is one I've made a few times before.  It's called Company Pot Roast, and is served with a red wine sauce.  I made it for Mother's Day this year and my mom called it the best Mother's Day gift she had ever received.  I don't know if it was because it was delicious or because she didn't have to do a thing, but I love this recipe.

Another option for a main course is yet another recipe from Ina Garten (I do love her): Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic.  Yes, that does sound very intimidating and very garlic-y, but she assures that it is not as bold of a flavor as the name suggests. I would serve this with mashed potatoes, most likely. The sauce that is made with this recipe sounds perfect for them.

I have made myself sufficiently hungry, so I will stop with that.  I love to try new recipes, so I will be excited to show you how they turn out once I make them.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One, I remembered to read your blog! Yes! Also, that pot roast looks amazing. I'm inviting myself over when you make this. :)

Meredith said...

No need to invite yourself! You are included in the 6 person serving, naturally.

Anonymous said...

Yay, sounds good!

Post a Comment