Monday, September 26, 2011

I cooked, finally!

Today was one of firsts: the first meal (beside frozen pizza) I've cooked in my new place, and the first fall activity I've participated this season!

Meredith took pictures of our outing to the Fall Folk Arts festival in Kingsport, which will be posted soon. I got to stir apple butter, eat some kettle corn without paying the $3 for it (I am a sampling queen, apparently) and I got to pet an alpaca! I now want to take one home. I will probably make the alpaca picture my new facebook picture once she gets them up, but I really do like my cooking whilst drinking picture I have up now.

Anywho, after a short break for a much needed nap (we had gone to Target afterward and wore ourselves out over Halloween decor), I followed this recipe for turkey pumpkin chili for dinner.

I added corn (I add corn to anything I possibly can), cinnamon & nutmeg (to give more of an autumnal feel) and substituted chicken broth for the water, roasted red pepper for the green pepper and green chiles for jalapenos when I made it, and I think it turned out quite well.
Cupcake's Sauvignon Blanc (courtesy of my birthday wine extravaganza) is probably my new favorite white wine. Meredith & I had no trouble polishing it off.
The chili simmering. I realize now that chili will never translate well to picture. It was good, I swear.
The very happy hostess.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for this post! I still have a shoppers buzz from our Target trip, haha.

Post a Comment