Saturday, September 24, 2011

My favorite room

If you're reading this blog, there's a fairly good chance you're aware of my love of cooking. So, naturally, my favorite room to spend time in and decorate is the kitchen/dining area.

And it is the only room in my new place that is even close to being finished. I like to think my recent hospital stay & recovery time is why not much is getting done, but it's only partly to blame.  Luckily, my parents came by today and my mother went to town on my kitchen to get it ready for The Mitchells to come over tomorrow night for my first meal cooked in my new place!
My lovely kitchen. This picture does not give its size justice. It is absolutely HUGE. My mother comments every time she comes over about how large it is. I have so much counter space and room to spread out, unlike my old place.  The kitchen there was very cramped, but I did love it at the time.
I have a window! I finally have a place for these vases. (From UO)
Fancy pants closeup of the flowers. Autumnal colors, naturally. My whole kitchen is in the same scheme.
My boyfriend's mother got me a rosemary plant after mine met its demise in the moving process.
The rest of my flowers arranged in a bowl as a centerpiece.  You can see my pumpkin placemats in the background. My kitchen is an eat-in kitchen, and had more than adequate space for my dining room table. 
I just had to show these off. I already have a set of dry measuring cups (in my matryoshka theme, no less), but I absolutely could not pass getting these up. (From UO)
I love this scent. It's great for my kitchen-- not too overwhelming.
Since I hate having things like my beloved Crock Pot and the microwave take up too much counter space, we purchased these shelves from Target.  They're so easy to put together and I can keep my serving dishes, vases, decanter, etc. on there and it doesn't look too cluttered or out of place!

Those are some of the highlights of my favorite room.  I actually put a little wooden sign up that I had purchased in Asheville not too long ago up above the stove, but I forgot to take a picture.  That will come later.

There is a nook that I'm not quite sure what to do with yet.  I have Cecilia's food and water dishes there, as well as the cookbook bookcase (yes, bookcase) over there, but it seems incomplete.

0 comments:

Post a Comment